Mobile communications and devices are becoming an important part of retail marketing. The ubiquity and expansion of mobile devices and the power of the platform’s feature set provides a vast potential for marketing measurement. Don’t believe us? We’ve unearthed some of the most extraordinary stats we could get our hands on about mobile tech and retail.
1. Neilsen: “Mobile Majority: U.S. Smartphone Ownership Tops 60%.” Neilsen Newswire. 06 June 2013. Web.
2. PEW Research Centre: “Mobile Technology Fact Sheet.” Pew Research Centers Internet American Life Project RSS. , 27 Dec. 2013. Web.
3. Com Score: “2013 Mobile Future in Focus.” Rep. , 22 Feb. 2013. Web.
4. Husson, Thomas. “Predictions 2014: Mobile Trends For Marketers.” Thomas Husson’s Blog. Forrester, 13 Jan. 2014.
5. Twitter Reports: Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
8. Business Wire: Social Media Dominates Smartphone Internet Time, Accounting for Almost One-Third of Minutes. GFK, 17 Dec. 2012. Web.
9. Google: “Mobile Path to Purchase: Five Key Findings: Think Insights Google.” Google, Nov. 2013. Web.
10. IBM: “IBM Study: Consumers Willing to Share Personal Details, Expect Value in Return.” IBM Newsroom. IBM, 13 Jan. 2014. Web.
11. Facebook. “How We Shopped: Holiday 2013 | Facebook for Business.” Facebook News. Facebook, 31 Jan. 2014. Web.
12. Brinker, Mike, Kasey Lobaugh, and Alison Paul. The Dawn of Mobile Influence: Discovering the Value of Mobile in Retail. Rep. Deloitte, n.d. Web.
13. Exact Target. 2014 State of Marketing Insights from over 2,500 Global Marketers. Rep. Exact Target, n.d. Web.
14. SEMPO: State of Search Marketing Report 2013. Econsultancy, Jan. 2014. Web.
15. EConsultancy: 6 in 10 Companies Plan to Increase Their Marketing Investment in 2014. EConsultancy, 03 Feb. 2014. Web.Tags: marketing measurement, mobile marketing strategies, mobile marketing trends, retail data, retail tech, social media roi